January 22, 2009
This update took place from 9:30am - 10:30am PST. (Original post.)
- Landshark now talks (sort of), respawns are more rare, and it doesn't create giant, persistent loot lists any longer.
- Kat's Doll & Wolf Den encounters : Fewer enemies at larger Crew sizes. More time between "waves" of enemies to give time for recovery.
- LTs, Mini-bosses, and Bosses all got their health totals nerfed...but they also got *small* increases in the amount of damage they do. Intent : Shorter fights, with a bit more paranoia about the monsters hurting you, and encouraging buffs, heals, etc that aren't highly utilized now.
- Additionally, post-Zen Gardens monsters (all of them) had their health nerfed somewhat as we decreased the bonus they were getting due to our assumption that players had all eight ring slots filled by that time. (We still assume that you have those rings, but we buff the monsters less due to that fact.)
- Common and Uncommon loot drop rates were increased (double the current rate to make collection quests less onerous).
- A *very* tiny chance of getting a PowerUp as a monster loot drop has been added.
- Area of Effect size has less impact on reducing the amount of damage the ring does. (Since AoE attacks *can* hit many targets at once, they shouldn't do the same damage as a direct attack. However, the "nerfing" rate based on AoE radius has been reduced, resulting in a buff for AoE rings.)
- The same is true of Recharge timers. The slower your recharge timer is, the bigger the effect multiplier will be for your ring. We still do that, but we were previously only extending the bonus if your ring had a 5-second recharge timer or lower. Now, the bonuses extend up to a 10-second recharge timer, which results in rings with slower recharge timers now getting more effect than they did previously.
- Attack range counts against you less now also. Therefore, rings with long ranges now will have better base effects. (For example, you now do more damage with Hunter's Bow than previously.)
- Turtle duration extended to 30 seconds instead of 20.
- Turtle recharge rate reduced from 240 seconds to 90 seconds.
- Rock Armor was incorrectly at 60 seconds instead of 360 seconds duration, like the other buff rings. That is corrected.
- Improbability Sphere now recharged in 15 seconds instead of 20.
- Healing Halo and Divinity durations increased to 240 seconds (instead of 180).
- Healing Halo and Divinity recharge rates reduced from 360 seconds to 300 seconds. (60 seconds between end of duration and next chance to use the ring.)
- Meat duration increased from 60 seconds to 120 seconds. (Recharge rate increased to 180 seconds from 120, so it results in two minutes on and one minute off.)
- Added a Dodge debuff to a target that is suffering through the Hot Foot effect.
- Heavy Water Balloon now causes a small Accuracy and Dodge penalty to those in its area of effect.
- Hornet's Nest now has a small chance of causing a Fear effect to targets in its area of effect.
- Diagnose recharge rate reduced from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Bandage recharge rate reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Coyote Spirit, Knife Sharpen, Keen Aye, Adrenaline, Ghost, Iron Will, and My Density all have increased durations from 240 seconds to 300 seconds.
- The current weight increase gained using the "Fitness" ring is being halved. (Other anti-knockback additions can still be gained through the "My Density" ring or the "Space Trooper" ring set bonus)
- Pot Lid's recharge rate is 420 seconds now, which is longer than the 360 second duration of the effect. (It had incorrectly been a shorter recharge than the duration, which is an error since this ring can only be used on "self".) So basically, you'll have at least 30 seconds without the buff. Plan for it accordingly.
- Fleet Feet recharge rate increased from 45 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Game updated from to