Weak to: <weaknesses>
|Gold Beach|| *7.2 (34258 HP)
- It's attacks are able to cause Fear. (involuntarily run away)
- To be able to fight Landshark, your CL has to be of 7.0 or lower.
- You only see the dorsal fin when the Landshark is roaming around. Sometimes the red enemy marker is the only way to tell where he is.
- Landshark will leave Gold Beach if he is not defeated in a certain amount of time after spawning. This window of time seems to range from 5 - 10 minutes.
- Landshark drops pre-made recipe items such as Cat's Eye sunglasses, Tropical Sarong and other beach-related items whose recipes can otherwise be found on normal Animated.
- It is speculated the triggers are that it pops out when everyone in Gold Beach defeats all enemies within a fivie minute time limit, or that it spawns when there is over-population in Gold Beach.
- A previous glitch involved players receiving dozens of items, rings, and powerups from a single Landshark defeat, and some players continued to gain new items even after logging out of Gaia.
- In an update from a bit back, Landshark was given the ability to "speak", and now screams "OMNOMNOMNOM!" when he attacks.
- Toothy is a "baby" Landshark plushie for your avatar, available in the Fluff Box. (originally found within the zOMG! Rumble Box).
- Although the Landshark is not involved in any specific quests, it is definitely a boss-level monster.
- The Landshark has been theorized to be based on a creature from a Saturday Night Live sketch bearing the same name. It also shares its name with a kind of drink.
- According to Qixter, the Landshark is not considered to be an Animated, and is nicknamed "Bruce."
- In an audio-interview, Qixter revealed the origin of Landshark:
"Basically it’s a shark that lived near the Gambino event crater and because it lived near that crater it ended up eating a lot of animated and eventually the over abundance of life force turned it from being a regular ol’ shark into what we call Landshark now."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gaia Thread: Mini-Events Launch on Thursday! (6/25 MAINTENANCE). Qixter (Jun 23, 2009) (Alt. Link)
- ↑ Gaia Thread: It's Official, Landshark drops items. (Jan 02, 2009).
- ↑ Gaia Thread: Minor plot holes in zOMG! Got any?. Qixter (Feb 16, 2009).
- ↑ Livestream: RaxaONAIR!. Raxa, Qixter (May 23, 2009).
- ↑ Gaia Journal: Qixter Interview Transcript. Raxa (May 25, 2009).